To set a route you get to find the artificial holds that get bolted onto the wall then put them up so people have to go from one point (marked with a V) to the end point (also marked with a V). Then you have to "tape it off" which consists of using different colored tape to mark the holds in which they can use. We spent 4 hours the day before setting routes and had a blast doing it.
Since I helped set the routes I couldnt climb this week :( b/c it would give my team an unfair advantage. But it was still lots of fun to watch everyone climb and comment on each of the routes.
P.S. There should be a new post in a couple of weeks b/c the next two weekends include canoe trips that I have to lead for work! So check back regularly!

No comments:
Post a Comment